Saturday, February 14, 2009

Premarital Sex

I have been thinking of what should I write for this week's study log for hours , and finally I choose to write about the difficulties that I had encountered when my group members and I film for our documentary about "Premarital Sex" .We choose this topic because it is interesting and all of us espacially teenagers are curious of having "copulation" (quoted from Mr Derick) before marry. So, are u against or agree with premarital sex? Or are you already have sex with your partner?

Without any further ado, so let me tell you the reaction and response of the interviewee. First, Beng, hazman , Sabri and me went to 1 Utama to find our targeted people . I finally realize how difficult and how desperate it is to find someone who are willing to give their own opinions about this sensitive topic.Remember, "you can't judge a book by its cover " and this is one of the values that I had learned while making this documentary. I had made a terrible mistake in the way I interview people, for inatance in my first attempt of interviewing an elderly man ,in his 80's with wrinkles all aroung his face , I encountered him and introduce myself and mention the topic that we want to interview him; as I opened my mouth and said is about premarital sex , he answered ," I am too old to answer this question." What ? This is so ridiculous and what's wrong for an elderly people to give some opinion about this topic as we need senior citizens' perceptions.However , I respect his right to reject , so I just smiled at him and left. Nevertheless, I found teenegers are more easy to handle as most of them are willing to share with us .It really take us aboutfive hours just to interview a few of them and I admitted some of them are quite hard to handle, now only that I realized how tidious a reporter is.


After interviewing the public, I found some of the assessment that they gave really amazed me, surprise me, annoyed me and satisfied with the answer. Besides , one of the advantages of doing this documentory project is that I had learned to use the video -cam (Hazman - the rich guy provided video -cam )in the most effective way, it is really challenging of how to get the best shot in different angles that are able to give you different sensation when you view it , and I adore Sabri who really had the talent in doing it.

I believe that each and everyone of you also enjoyed making documentary ? As for me , I had learn many things in carrying out this project because I din't do any documentory in my previous school life.


The most interesting part of the documentory is that we ..........................................................
Coming SOON on MARCH....

No comments: