Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is just around the corner,do you celebrate Valentine's with your love ones? Or you will just celebrate it as an ordinary day? In the West,it is the traditional day which lovers express their love with each other by sending greeting cards, chocolates, flowers, or offering confectionery. This special day originates from the story of Saint Valentine, who upon rejections by his mistress was so heartbroken that he took a knife to his chest and send her his still-beating heart as a token of his undying heart for her. Someone even commit suicide because of love as LOVE IS BLIND.


Do you ever wonder how people from other countries celebrate Valentine's Day? In Denmark and Norway, Valentine's Day is known as Valentinsdag . A lot of people celebrate this special day by having a romantic dinner with their love ones or sending roses and cards for their beloved. In Finland, Valentine's Day is called 'Friend's Day' ,as the name indicates, this day is more about remembering your friends rather than loved ones.In Slovenia, a proverb says that 'St Valentine brings the key of roots' so on 14th February , the plants and flowers start to grow. It is also said that birds propose to each other and married on that day (ridiculous). Valentine's Day is called Sevgililer Gunu in Turkey, which translates into 'Sweethearts' Day '.
Valentine's Day seemed to be romantic and lovely, why not make it a bit lively and funny.
Here are some of the jokes about husbands and wives that will make you enjot thoroughly.
Her husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months yet she stayed by his bedside every single day. When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer. As she sat by him, he said, "You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business
fell, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you gave me support. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. When I think about it now. ....I think you bring me bad luck!"

Boring husband: Honey, why are you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?
Bored wife: Because I married the wrong man!


A couple came upon a wishing well. The wife leaned over, made a wish and threw in a penny. The husband decided to make a wish, too But he leaned over too much, fell into the well, and drowned. The wife was stunned for a moment but then smiled, "It really works!"

A successful man is one who makes more money
than his wife can spend.A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why.When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why.


Why government does not allow a Man to Marry 2 Women. Because per Constitution, you can NOT PUNISH TWICE for the same Mistake.


I miss you terribly this day of love,
Miss you with a wound that stabs and aches.
I see the love around me, and it takes
So much strength simply just to move.
Soon, soon, my love, this waiting will be done.
You and I will have what we desire.
On days like this we'll sit beside the fire,
Undoing all the pain of days long gone.
As for me, we must appreciate every moment we have with our loved ones especially our parents because of them, we are born to this world , because of them , we know what is love , and without them I won't be sitting here writing this blog.

1 comment:

said...

i ain't knowing much bout u in ur blog,wad i get is "english".mayb its bcoz tis ur study log.hopefully sumday i can c a blog ,fully own by u,juz by u...