Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Wonderful Experience In My life

A Wonderful Experience In My Teenege Life
I believe that each and every one of us has the most stupendous experience in our lives that still stay vivid in our minds even though the incident had happened a long time ago. My story begin at 6th of June 2007 at 7.45am during my secondary school assembly, my heart pounding as fast as the speed of light travel while my school counsellor , Miss Ngiao announced a list of students who had been selected randomly by the computer to participate in National Service and I am the lucky one. After that , I found out that I am joining the second group that will only begin the tedious training in March.
My campsite situated at Pasir Puteh , Port Dickson near the seaside where I am able to have a picturesque view over the sea. However, one of the disadvantages of staying near the sea was that during the day, the scorching sun was roasting, scalding and blistering me ; while during the night, I was freeze to death. There were about one thousand “soldiers” who came from different states such as Kelantan, Terenggenu , Kedah ,Johor ,Sarawak and Melaka. I was so enthusiastic to make friends with them , to learn more about their cultures, religions and their lifestyles. Day after day , when time passed away, I began to learn different kinds of behaviours about my friends, some are good and some are bad. Most of my chum there were amiable and charming people ,especially the Malays , they are very nice to me and I like them very much although we are from different backgrounds , religions and cultures. Till now, I still remembered some of them who were quite close to me and they were Sha , Anis , Zah, Mira (my roommate) , Ama (the cute girl that looks like Nadia), Nor and Maheran. We almost do everything together, we also bath together .But, wait, please don’t get the wrong idea, we bath wearing our “sarung” which the Malays taught me how to tied it firmly .It was indeed a very interesting experience having a bath with them while most of the Chinese girls would choose to bath inside the bathrooms with doors , as for me bathing outside with the Malays was more enjoying and time consuming too.
There were many mysterious, ghastly, gruesome stories about ghost and apparition. At first , I don’t really believe in this kind of silly matters, however when time passed I began to believe it as one day I am one of the victims .The real ghost story of mine begin like this: as the Malays had advised me that when we were having our periods, we must always washed our pads thoroughly before disposed them into the dustbin. However , I was very stubborn and it was really disgusting to wash my own pads as I had never done that before. Besides , they also told me not to wear short pants when I sleep but I refused to follow their advise. The next morning , at 5.00 am , when I woke up, I was very shocked to find out that there were three dark brown red spots at the sole of my right foot, however I dint feel any pain at all, and that was the weird part of it. I immediately reported to my commander, and she said this was very hard to explain as she already observed this kind of incident before. After that, the Malays explained to me that was because I din’t clean up my pads , so the “ghost” came and suck my blood when I was asleep. The chill went down my spine as I heard their explanation. From that day onwards , I began to abide their advices. Besides , there were many weird incidents that happened , and one of them were some of the trainees heard somebody was pushing the lockers in their room in the middle of the night while others heard that someone was calling their names at 3.00am and the worst part was the trainees staying at the end of the row noticed that someone was singing their group song in the wee hours. One of my friend , a Chinese guy , we called him Lee had been gifted with the ability to be able to see ghosts. One day , when there was an electrical black out for about ten minutes in the hall at around 9.30pm , he told me he saw a child sitting there waving at him , however I couldn’t see anything as it was so dark and I just kept quiet as I know what he was looking at.

The most thrilling experience was I had the opportunity to gone through the shooting session. Before we were brought to the shooting spot ,the real soldiers gave us a brief talk about the way to hold a real gun ( I can’t remember the model of the rifle) and the safety precautions that we had to considered before we shoot. All the trainees participated in this training session except for those who had heart problems and asthma, and we were given 30 bullets to shoot; 10 bullets for trying session while 20 bullets for our group competition. I was so eager and thrill when it was my turn to shoot. Before we shoot , we were told to insert a small yellowish sponge into our ears and crawl down on the floor with the most professional pose. However , when I shoot for the first time , I can feel the impact of the rifle on my right shoulder, it was so painful ,however there were 29 more bullets to go. At last, we had successfully completed the shooting training and it was a great relief for me and believe it or not I only managed to obtain 12 over 100 marks as I was tiny and smaller while the highest was a Malay guy who score 96 over 100 , however some even worst than me that they din’t score any mark at all.

By becoming one of the trainees in National Service , I have gained lots of experiences and valuable knowledge in my teenage life and I am certainly not regret of joining this interesting programme .

2 comments:

闇ニ散 ル桜 said...

aiyoyo... naughty somemore la.. later ghost come find u again.. >.<

Eliza Aiza said...

WAAA,,,,
national service was a VERY VERY VERY GREAT EXPERIENCE!
i went too.
mine was in kelantan...
but i got 50% for my shooting session!
hahahaha